Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:59:08 -0700
From:      Justin Bastedo <justin.bastedo@gmail.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL 5

No it just isn't an option to trigger it in the Make file, so I was a
bit nervous about modifying it. Also thought that it might be omitted
because it is not functioning in the FreeBSD version.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/archive-storage-engine.html
says I need to add --with-archive-storage-engine to my configure...

I asked mysql if it was enabled:
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have_archive';
+---------------+-------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+---------------+-------+
| have_archive  | NO    |
+---------------+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

So just trying to do more research before I go modifying make files
and risking some tweaking/breaking of my port.

Also on another note, was just curious as to the stability of the
version of mysql I'm using, I know its beta but is there a place I can
look for a potential release date on the non-beta version?

Justin

:12:34 CDT 2005     user@server4:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVER4SMP amd64
>=20
> I'm not sure I understand the question.  That looks like it builds.
> Have you tried running it?
>=20
> Greg
> --
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers.
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20