Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:04:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Java <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: jdk 1.1 (and 1.2) install problems on 4.1.1-RELEASE

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Mikhail Kruk wrote:

> I think he is getting this error because he has old style ports system
> (i.e. with subdirectories pkg/) and new-style jdk port (i.e. with
> pkg-descr etc files). To fix this he should make sure he has ports tree
> from the system he is using, not the latest one.

    No, that's not it.  I have the new style ports tree and I get the
same error.  I'll have to try it after installing the compat3x libs.

    As a minor nit, I tried installing OpenJIT yesterday, and although
I have linux jdk1.2.2 installed, OpenJIT insisted on pulling down
1.1.8 and trying to build it, which is when I smacked into this
problem.

    Is there a way to tell OpenJIT to use what I have installed?

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer