Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:15:16 -0300
From:      "Joao Carlos" <jcarlos@bahianet.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPD - URGENT

    Well, I'm running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE.

    I have connected a modem (USR Courier V.Everything) to a serial port os
the system (/dev/cuaa1).
    In the other side, i have a Cyclades Pathrouter(for those who don't
know, a small and simple router), connected in the High speed async port
another USR Courier V.Everything.
    Well, the problem is: The PPPD can't connect and negociate the ppp
protocol.
When i give the string ATZ connected direclty to the port, via CU, the
modens connect.
I have urgency in how to connect this, because i have to deliver teh machine
and the modem today, to the client.
    The router isn't waiting for any type of authentication and i have
called the router's supoort and they told me my configuration and my cable
are all correct. The only probl;em can be something pppd is misconfigured or
sending something we don't know. I'm starting pppd with the -mn flag, since
the router does not negociate the magic number .

My /etc/ppp/options is:

# begin

defaultroute
modem
crtscts
lock
/dev/cuaa1
57600
persist
10.0.0.2:10.0.0.1

# end

In the log, the only thing that appears is: (PS: I'm using debug mode)

Jun 15 14:55:53 compaq pppd[445]: pppd 2.3.5 started by root, uid 0
Jun 15 14:55:54 compaq pppd[445]: Connection terminated, connected for 1
minute
Jun 15 14:57:26 compaq pppd[445]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Jun 15 14:57:26 compaq pppd[445]: Connection terminated, connected for 1
minute

Please, help!
Thanks in advance!

---