Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:51:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "(ML) FreeBSD ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPFW - NATD Weirdness

Ok, I'm blind.

While I did check the addresses and netmasks of all the routers on the
subnet, I did not check the default route of each.

I had one of them with a default route of 209.100.20.96, which matches the
network address.

the divert was echoing packets from that server, causing the other end of
the connection (whatever it might have been) to get garbage traffic.

Lesson learned, sorry to bug the list.

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services