Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 22:42:04 -0400
From:      Leo Papandreou <leo@talcom.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail question

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 10:23:54AM +0800, peter kok wrote:
> Hello
>
> I received the following message

>     **      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
>     **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **
>
> The original message was received at Mon, 10 May 1999 17:27:23 +0800
> from [172.16.132.244]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
> <targetp@waccom.net.ec>

[...]

> 1)     Does my DNS server not look for this   targetp@waccom.net.ec?

I doubt your DNS has a problem with waccom.net.ec.

> 2)    how do i check the end of email 'ec' stand for which country?

It stands for Ecuador. The suffix is an ISO country code. I havent
tried but I am 100% sure searching for ISO country code on a search
engine will return links to many documents that list all of them.

> thank you
> Peter
>
> PS:
> i also same mail by outside ISP mail server, but i couldn't receive any
> the above warning message.  That meaning the problem is my DNS server?
> how do i check it?  thank you

host -t mx waccom.net.ec although that isnt the problem here. It may
also be instructive to send mail to

noone@thisdomaincertainlycantexistcanit.com

and compare error messages :-)