Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:07:52 +0930
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hauppauge card capture problem

Hi All,

I have a Hauppauge PVR 350 capture card which works wonderfully well,
however I do have a few problems with some of the things I'm trying to
do with it.

Background:
I have a script which is supposed to encode the captured stream into a
format suitable for burning to DVD.  This works perfectly, but only as
long as I am using 720x576 capture mode.  Ideally, I would like to
be capturing at 352x288 and still have it work in a standalone DVD
player.  This sort of works, in that I get the video fine, it's the
audio that stuffs up, like it's missing half a second of audio, for each
second of capture.

As you can imagine, this causes no end of headaches.
I'm using John Wehle's setchannel program with a couple of minor hacks
to set the capture resolution, which I can post somewhere if people need
more detail.

Remote access to the box in question can be arranged easily enough if
anyone is willing to give me a hand sorting this problem out.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>