Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:12:10 -0500
From:      Delanet Administration <admin@delanet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS server out of mbuf's?

I run a FreeBSD 3.2s nfs server which recently crashed with a panic 'Out
of mbuf clusters'. I found this odd since the normal peak is always
below 200 and I compiled the kernel with users at 256 (4608 max mbufs).
The server had an uptime of 118 days prior to this crash, and has no
entries in the logs out of the norm up until this crash. Just curious if
anyone knows of any reason this would happen? The server has no other
use at all..no one even logs into it except me on occasion to go over
logs and such.

Thanks and regards,

Stephen Comoletti - Network Engineer / Systems Administrator
Delanet Inc. http://www.delanet.com
Frontline Communications Corp. http://www.fcc.net
phone: (302) 326-5800 fax: (302) 326-5802 x312
262 Quigley Blvd, New Castle, DE 19720, USA