Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:49:17 +0400
From:      Dmitry Mityugov <dmitry.mityugov@gmail.com>
To:        Owen Jeremiah <fowlplay77@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multilanguange

On 10/4/05, Owen Jeremiah <fowlplay77@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to use X with FreeBSD like I use my WinXP: it has multilanguage
> capabilities. Like when I want to create a presentation, I can type in ot=
her
> language (like in chinese) and instantly change it back to english. I
> understand that MacOS X can do this instantly too.
>
> Can anybody direct me to the right way to do this in FreeBSD (using KDE?
> Gnome?)

As far as I know, KDE in FreeBSD 5.4 does not support other languages
by default; Gnome does. I managed to set up Gome at home to write in
Russian.

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"