Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:10:31 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atheros card with external antenna connector?

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Sam Leffler wrote:
 > Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
 > > On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 01:42:00AM +1100, Ian Smith wrote:
 > >> Thankyou Brix!  I was unaware of that whole resource, lots to explore.
 > >
 > > Welcome. Be ware that the resource deals with the Linux madwifi
 > > (atheros) driver, but the compatability section should give you some
 > > good hints on which cards are supported by the FreeBSD ath(4) driver.

Brix: glad to be free of my misconception that 'Orinoco Gold' used only
Hermes (wi), lacking hostap mode, like my old 11b Cabletron Roamabout.
Its MC external connector is the same, so I've an eBay target already.

 > The hal is the same and that's basically the only thing that matters wrt
 > chip support.

Sam: just to be sure .. it'd still need to have an AR5210, AR5211, or
AR5212 chipset to be used with ath(4), not the others madwifi supports?

Cheers, Ian