Date:      Tue, 27 May 2003 10:49:40 -0500
From:      David Leimbach <leimy2k@mac.com>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: policy on GPL'd drivers?

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 10:40AM, Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 May 2003 10:32:42 -0500
>David Leimbach <leimy2k@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>  Ugh... the network driver portion of the nforce drivers is *not*
>>  GPL'd but it
>> has a linux only and anti-reverse engineeing clause.
>>
>> Dave
>
>Then using the diver on FreeBSD will be a NVidia's license violation,
>wouldn't it? One more reason to keep it out of the tree.

Just the network driver... the audio driver in the tarball is still GPL'd.

Either which way I doubt either driver will go into the tree.  I don't see
any good reason to stick any of it in the kernel unless its absolutely
necessary.

I am not a religious person when it comes to licensing.  I just don't like
GPL style restrictions.