Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 1998 02:21:21 -0500
From:      Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com>
To:        Alejandro Galindo Chairez AGALINDO <agalindo@servidor.exsocom.com.mx>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewall with 2 NIC and a NET class C

You have a couple of ways to approach this.  You could use network address
translation and have private addresses for all your machines.  The "public"
machines would have static mappings to real IP addresses that are aliased
on the outside interface of the firewall.  You would also use ipfw rules to
control the traffic.

Another approach is to split your class C into subnets, one subnet for the
outside interface and the other for the inside interface, and then set up
ipfw rules and routes in the firewall to control the traffic.

If you want, I can help you with the rules once I know how you want to
proceed.

Kim Shrier
kim@tinker.com