Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 22:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Murcko <chuck@telebase.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xinetd 2.1.4 for FreeBSD 2.x

I have finished porting xinetd-2.1.4 to FreeBSD 2.0. Xinetd is a replacement
for inetd/tcp_wrappers, among other things. It also handles UDP and RPC
services, something tcp_wrappers can't. If you're interested, you can pick
up the source from:

ftp.telebase.com, directory /pub/security.

I don't have access to this list yet (we're subscribing a majordomo mail
exploder here) so if you use xinetd and have comments, please feel free
to mail them to me. Thanks.

PS: I used FreeBSD2.0-950412-SNAP for the port. At some point I'll get a
Walnut Creek sub and/or get on the current release program. This is one
very nice OS to play on.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."
		-- G. Fitch