Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:54:04 -0500
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <jhix@mindspring.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: We got a mention!

At 01:11 AM 3/1/00 , you wrote:
> > Hey, I mean if the guy wants to run everything from BeOS to Xenix on his
> > computer, that's all good.  But to hate Windows so much that you'd be
> > willing to recommend anything else is a little questionable.  This is
> sorta
> > like having some well-known nut say loudly at a party "Oh, yeah, John
> and I
> > hang out all the time!" leaving you to look off at the ceiling or
> something.
>
>Look, this is -chat.  Anything goes.  You had no call to resort to
>ad hominum attacks on the poster.

So your answer is to resort to an ad hominum attack against me?  Interesting.

I didn't see my post as an "attack" against anyone.  I simply stated my
opinion of someone else's opinion.  I think that certain types of "support"
can do your cause more harm than good.

And while I'm at it, I'll add that I think that Microsoft's OS and
applications have a place in the computing landscape.  Perhaps not for the
users of this list, but I can understand why they have such a large portion
of the market share, and I ain't mad at 'em for it.

I don't think I've offended Purser, McKitrick, or anyone else who has been
involved in this discussion, so I hope you'll understand if I'm not being
very apologetic toward you, Hicks.

--Chip Morton