Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:46:20 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Thread scheduler

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 01:41:09AM -0600, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> [011122 01:30] wrote:
> >
> > On 22-Nov-01 Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> Why the hell is wine sucking it in, especially on FreeBSD?

This has been fixed.  Apparently, wine needs some linux
specific stuff from <sys/user.h>.

> I'm 99% sure i was able to blast through this breakage by
> simply removing the #include from a wine file then everything
> just worked.
>
> What the hell is the point of a 'configure' script otherwise?

The offending code was

#ifdef HAVE_SYS_USER_H
#include <sys/user.h>
#endif

configure found  <sys/user.h>.

> Why do we even care?  When was the last time wine was good for
> anything besideds barely being able to run solitare on FreeBSD
> anyhow?

Apparently, you don't work in an environment where people
send you MSWord documents or Excel spreadsheets everyday.
If, and when, wine reachs maturity, I'll never have to
reboot to edit a Word document.

--
Steve