Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:06:20 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        threads@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MozillaFirebird with libthr on sparc64 dies with SIGILL

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

I thought I'd try libthr to see if it fixes the crashes/hangs I'm
seeing with MozillaFirebird on sparc64, but it dies with a SIGILL
during startup.  libpthread is unimplemented on sparc64.  Any ideas?

Kris

# /etc/libmap.conf
#
# candidate             mapping
#
libc_r.so.5             libthr.so.1     # Everything uses 'libthr'
libc_r.so               libthr.so

> gdb53 MozillaFirebird MozillaFirebird-bin.core
GNU gdb 5.3 (FreeBSD)
This GDB was configured as "sparc64-portbld-freebsd5.1"..."/usr/X11R6/bin/MozillaFirebird": not in executable format: File format not recognized

Core was generated by `MozillaFirebird-bin'.
Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
#0  0x0000000041a64d20 in ?? ()
(gdb) disassemble 0x0000000041a64d20
No function contains specified address.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000041a64d20 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x7fdffed9fb8

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--