Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:22:40 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "make/install buildworld" without Perl being reinstalled?

Dear Sirs:

Is there a way I can do a "make/install buildworld" without Perl being
reinstalled? Not that I want it gone, I just want it to remain totally
untouched.

I think I am going to give an upgrade to 8.10R a try (reluctantly), from
4.9R; but I cannot afford to have my rather comprehensive Perl modules
messed with/deleted/upgraded/whatever. In fact, I rather not do a
"make/install buildworld" at all. That is, I rather not have any userland
program touched, like sendmail, etc. Basically, I just want to upgrade the
kernel (and use the upgraded ata(4) driver, to have support for the VIA
8237).

I came up with the following supfile:

*default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr