Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2014 08:51:26 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        bart@tapolsky.net.ua, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: clonehdd followup

Grr. The return key should not be the same as Send.

I had some problems with clonehdd that turned out to be hardware issued: my
disks has somehow defaulted to PIO4 from UDMA which made this process run
so slow it would just quit with finishing.

Now things are more what I expect, completing a clone of my root disk in
524 minutes, down from multiple days=E2=80=A6

But it still seems slow if the disks are 1.5Gb/sec SATA disks. Looking
around, it looks like this might be useful to speed things up.

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/disksetup.html

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:47 AM, paul beard <paulbeard@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/disksetup.html
>
> --