Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:24:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IO port access under DOSCMD

I'm trying to use DOSCMD to snoop the 'under the hood operation' of some
diagnostic utils that muck about with a network card.

I'm getting some fairly useless results that lead me to believe that
DOSCMD isn't allowing access to the ports in question.  (For if it were I
would expect the utils to find the cards.)

Granted that allowing something to muck about with the IO port space could
cause bad things to happen on the test box, I still want to be able to
give access to the ports in question.

Anyone have any ideas?  'doscmd -P' appears to be invocation to use to
enable tracing of all port operations, and I've adjusted MAXPORT in
doscmd.h to allow access to ports in the EISA IO address range but nothing
works.

Thanks.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |