Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:39:09 -0600
From:      "Grant Cooper" <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
To:        <johann@broadpark.no>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ATI Mach-64 VT + XFree86-4

Look at your vidio card and make sure you have the right driver picked. I
had the same problem.

http://www.nucleus.com/~grant.cooper/KDE/FreeBDS_log.htm

Problem: Problem X-Server Crashes after setup

Why: Wrong Card and Vidio type
May 30, 2002

1. Log in as root enter /stand/sysinstall
2. Configure (Post)
3. XFree86 Configure XFree86 server
4. Configure xServer
5. Use same mouse configuration
6. Monitor: Super VGA   (check monitor type by looking up serial)
7. Card: S3 Virge (gerneric)  (check serial or chip type on your vidio card)
8. Done
9. Exit Config