Date:      Sat, 05 Oct 2013 16:24:24 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Christopher Henderson <redcommiebastard@riseup.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD.org visitors

Christopher Henderson wrote:
> Hello Unix Fans,
>
> I'm an on again/off again BSD/Linux user.  I'll spend a few years in one, then
> the other, etc.  I'm getting the FreeBSD itch again so I visited the website.
> One big problem for me is that there is no obvious link from the front page
> listing supported hardware.  I finally stumbled upon the release notes but its
> just a flat text file.  Why not HTML?  I hated having to scroll through it to
> find out if my wifi card is supported (Alas, it is not.  But OpenBSD supports
> it.).

Yes, I just went that route searching for a driver, hard work,
have a look at http://www.berklix.org/~jhs/txt/driver_search.html

Turns out one wireless driver (urtwn, Realtek RTL8188CU/RTL8192CU
USB IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Belkin F7D1102 Surf Wireless Micro D-Link
DWA-131 Edimax EW-7811Un Netgear WNA1000M Realtek RTL8192CU Realtek
RTL8188CUS ) was never put in 9 but is in FreeBSD 10 Alpha release,
if you'r luck may be the same one I found.  I just downloaded a 10
.iso alpha to try.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".