Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:25:46 +0100
From:      "Peter Edwards (local)" <peter.edwards@openet-telecom.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vn.ko load/unload/mount = panic

Hi,
After a (very) quick look at the source it looks like there's a missing
cdevsw_remove() missing from the MOD_UNLOAD/MOD_SHUTDOWN event handling
I haven't time to test it, but try this:

*** vn.c.old    Wed Apr 26 16:23:03 2000
--- vn.c        Wed Apr 26 16:24:06 2000
*** 762,767 ****
--- 762,768 ----
        case MOD_UNLOAD:
                /* fall through */
        case MOD_SHUTDOWN:
+               cdevsw_remove(&vn_cdevsw);
                for (;;) {
                        vn = SLIST_FIRST(&vn_list);
                        if (!vn)