Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 00:33:32 +0000
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/VAX anyone interested?

Hi,

I got some VAXen 6420, big machines. Mine has 6 CPUs. I was planning
to boot myself with Ultrix, and then go on with NetBSD. Even
NetBSD's port-vax needs some tweaking for my hardware, XMI and
BI bus support is blank. I am with FreeBSD forever and FreeBSD
has SMP which NetBSD has not. I want to run all of my 6 CPUs
not just one. So, I am thinking about taking the Alpha port and
reverse hacking it into a VAX port with lots of cheating with
the NetBSD code.

I was just wondering if there are any retro computing freaks with
FreeBSD who like to play with this too. If I'm alone I probably
better stay with the nice port-vax crowd and NetBSD.

cheers,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine