Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 18:45:36 -0400
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@scsn.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

On Sat, Aug 02, 1997 at 02:48:04PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> No, I was stating that this was a *problem* in this discussion and
> that debating it on purely technical terms would miss that crucial
> point, not that emoting had some intrinsic value in this debate.  I
> was in no way trying to suggest that you should get all emotional in
> turn - stick to your technical points, please. :-)

    How can one stick to the technical points while simultaneously
somehow implicitly acknowledging that this is not strictly a technical
issue?  I don't know enough linguistic contortions to manage an email
like that.

> Yes, and that's your opinion.  Others have dissenting opinions or
> there would be no debate here.  I'm just trying to make the point that
> pounding on the desk with your shoe is no way to bring the other side
> into agreement.

    Agreed, emphatically...  But there _was_ no debate on this issue, at
least none in a public forum.  Tcl8.x just appeared out of nowhere.
(Actually, just prior to this, I was laboring under the apparent misap-
prehension that tcl was finally about to be removed from the base
distibution.)