Date:      Sun, 27 May 2007 08:51:40 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   "camcontrol rescan all" stuck in kernel (firewire)

Hi,

I had a harddisk connected via firewire (not mounted, only played with =20
dd), disconneted it and issued a "camcontrol rescan all". I got some =20
kernel messages about "(probeX:sbp:0:x:0): Error 22" and "Unretryable =20
Error" and then the process is stuck there since yesterday (if it =20
matters, on boot there's a long pause between the same messages at =20
boot time and continuing with the userland part of the boot, maybe 20 =20
or 30 seconds). ps shows camcontrol is in state "D+".

In kdb I see the following backtrace:
sched_switch
mi_switch
sleepq_wait
_sleep
cam_periph_runccb
xptioctl
devfs_ioctl_f
ioctl

The rest of the system works just fine. I tried "show xxx" (everything =20
what shows up with "lock" or "sleep" when I just type "show"), but =20
nothing showed up.

Anything else I can provide/do to find the cause?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Life is a POPULARITY CONTEST!  I'm REFRESHINGLY CANDID!!

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137