Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 02:10:13 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        Bert van de Grift <bert@vdgrift.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compile error proftpd 1.3.0_1

--nextPart1917574.ZWe3KdlviS

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 01:34, Bert van de Grift wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 06:56:18PM -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I would, except that the port builds with the stock getopt and gcc
> > that comes with 4.11.  I don't have the hardware to do the testing
> > required to make sure I don't end up breaking the port for everyone
> > else. Removing libgnugetopt so that the port builds seems a reasonable
> > work around. I tried building on 6x and -CURRENT with that lib
> > installed and didn't have any build problems. If someone with a 4x box
> > feels like chasing this down, I'm willing to test a patch from there.
>
> Sure, I'd like to chase this down. How do you want to proceed?

I googled for problems such as yours and came up with several problems with=
=20
libgnugetopt. None of them exactly fit the error you encountered, but the f=
ix=20
in every case was to just remove it completely.  Please post the output of=
=20
pkg_info -R libgnugetopt-1.2

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com