Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 10:17:25 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        questions@freebsd.org, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recommendation for a UK based ISP

Hi,

Can anyone recommend (or alternatively, if you're reading this in -isp,
are you) a good ISP in the UK? I'm not looking for much, just an ISP who

  - Gives me a subdomain of their own domain, and delivers mail to it using
    SMTP (so I'm not paying them every time I want to set up a new mailbox)

  - Doesn't do anything that would prevent me running INN or C News locally,
    so I can read groups at my own pace and expiry times.

  - Offers 3 or 4 MB of web space for a reasonable price, lets me telnet and
    ftp to this web space, and has up to date copies of Perl available
    (anything after 5.00401). Oh, and has no silly restrictions like "You
    will use our mail script, our web hit counter script (ugh) and that's
    all").

Bonus points if they run FreeBSD, obviously. Any pointers gratefully
received.

To keep clutter down on the mailing lists I've set the reply-to to chat.

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
              It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission