Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 02:23:08 +0200 (EET)
From:      andy <andy@moldsat.md>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        dan@jgl.reno.nv.us, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> > I've already tried MASQUERADE_AS & MASQUERADE_DOMAIN.
> > Doesn't help
>
> To keep us from suggesting what you have already tried, could you send
> us your *.mc file and resulting *.cf file that was installed to
> /etc/sendmail.cf
ok
(and then sendmail was SIGHUPed, right?)?
of course!

here you are.

my current configs

--- last.mc ---
divert(-1)
#  This is a generic configuration file for BSD-based systems

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)freebsd.mc	$Revision: 1.1.4.4 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl

FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/virtusertable')dnl

MASQUERADE_AS(moldsat.md)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(faust.moldsat.md)dnl

define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/sendmail.cw')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `1d')dnl
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases, /usr/local/majordomo/aliases.majordomo')dnl
define(`UUCP_MAX_SIZE', 999999)dnl

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(uucp)dnl
--- last.mc ---

--- sendmail.cf ---
##################
#   local info   #
##################

Cwlocalhost
# file containing names of hosts for which we receive email
Fw-o /etc/sendmail.cw

# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain
#Dj$w.Foo.COM

CP.

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DS

# place to which unknown users should be forwarded
#Kuser user -m -a<>
#DLname_of_luser_relay

# operators that cannot be in local usernames (i.e., network indicators)
CO @ % !

# a class with just dot (for identifying canonical names)
C..

# a class with just a left bracket (for identifying domain literals)
C[[

# Mailer table (overriding domains)
Kmailertable hash -o /etc/mailertable

# Domain table (adding domains)
#Kdomaintable dbm /etc/domaintable

# Generics table (mapping outgoing addresses)
#Kgenerics dbm /etc/genericstable

# Virtual user table (maps incoming users)
Kvirtuser hash -o /etc/virtusertable

# who I send unqualified names to (null means deliver locally)
DR

# who gets all local email traffic ($R has precedence for unqualified names)
DH

# dequoting map
Kdequote dequote

# class E: names that should be exposed as from this host, even if we masquerade
# class L: names that should be delivered locally, even if we have a relay
# class M: domains that should be converted to $M
#CL root
CE root
CMfaust.moldsat.md

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMmoldsat.md

# my name for error messages
DnMAILER-DAEMON

CPREDIRECT