Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:25:04 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        Volker Glatz <softwareleute@freenet.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Miro crashes at startup

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:05:19 -0600, Aryeh M. Friedman
<aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thierry Thomas wrote:
>> Le Jeu 10 jan 08 à 12:06:16 +0100, Volker Glatz
>> <softwareleute@freenet.de>
>>  écrivait :
>>> Hi there,
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>> I installed miro with "portinstall miro" - not changing any make
> options. It
>>> crashes at startup.
>>>
>>> Let me know, if you need more informations.
>>
>> Could you please tell me if xulrunner is installed on your machine?
>> And the date of
>> /usr/ports/multimedia/miro/files/patch-platform_gtk-x11_setup.py
>>
>> Such a bug had been reported by lioux, and has been fixed on Dec 14.
>
> This also happens if you install boost instead of boost-python... if
> you install boost with -WITH_PYTHON it works fine....

The boost with WITH_PYTHON=yes and boost-python are exactly same. The
boost-python call on boost with WITH_PYTHON=yes define. Read in
devel/boost-python/Makefile. I doubt this crash issue has to do with boost
vs boost-python. When I created different miro port, all FreeBSD 6.x users
report me crash issue while FreeBSD 7.x and above users don't have any
problem. I can't figure what's wrong with miro in FreeBSD 6.x as all of my
machines have FreeBSD 7.x.

> what is the reason for boost-python instead of boost?

For other ports that need boost with python stuff can depend on
boost-python, but the current method of slave port in boost-python isn't
right. It needs to be fix.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)