Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 22:09:34 +1200
From:      Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, David Greenman <dg@root.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jabley@clear.co.nz
Subject:   Re: Seti project / stats reset, new version available

On Fri, May 14, 1999 at 04:57:30PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> So do I. I would like them to make the source available. I have *lots* of
> machines available that are sitting doing nothing. But they don't run
> FreeBSD (yet). I have at least 3 alpha 8200s and 4 Alpha 4100s that are
> running NetBSD now and mostly quiescent.

If people have been having problems with proxy support in the 1.1 client
on FreeBSD, let me know and I'll mail you a new binary to test.

If you have other platforms you'd like to compile for, contact David
Anderson <davea@ssl.Berkeley.EDU> and he'll more than likely thank
you and point you towards the source.

As I understand it, the reasons for not publishing the source include:

 + the analysis repository might get polluted with inacurrate results
   from un-tested clients

 + distributing binaries for platforms where source dists are not the
   norm (e.g. Mac, Windows) might encourage people to stuff them full
   of trojans.

Anyway, I have nothing to do with SETI so I'll shut up now :)

Joe