Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:15:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David David <ddavid_3@yahoo.com>
To:        Vladimir Vrzi? <random@bsd.org.yu>
Cc:        kde@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org, will@physics.purdue.edu
Subject:   Re: When will KDE 2.2.1 be in the ports collection?

Vladimir,

If you dont mind doing a little editing, all thats needed to get
2.2.1 running is grabbing the distfiles, changing the Portversion in
the Makefiles and updating the distinfo files:

example
cd /usr/ports/graphics/kdegraphics2
md5 /usr/ports/distfiles/KDE/kdegraphics-2.2.1.tar.bz2 > distinfo
and add a "1" to the Portversion in the Makefile, and install.

I'm running it now, it pretty nice, some graphics tuning, "seems" to
to run a wee better, but hey my kdeinit core dumps have shrunk to 2
MB instead of 5 MB with <2.2 :)