Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 14:27:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   silo overflow!? w/ 16550s!

I have a system with 4 16550 capable serial ports. All run on their own
IRQ and I/O address. Two of the ports are internal modems [a 14.4 and a
28.8] and card has another 2 ports each connected to 28.8s. All ports [as
above] are 16550 UART'd.

When one connection is open full blast [a slip] there is no problem. The
minute I try to use kermit to dial out to a local system for giggles, or
even another modem on the same machine I get :

system /kernel: sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total of 10)  for example.

I really hope this has more to do with some setup problem that I can fix
than some fundamental hardware problem that I can't circumvent!

Any ideas/insight etc would be _greatly_ appreciated!

-Jerry.