Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 01:29:40 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        "Chris R." <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: / getting a bit full.....help..

Chris R. wrote:
> Doesn't that depend really on whether a seperate /var partition was made
> when the OS was installed? If it wasn't I thought it defaulted to the
> root partition /

I agree. But my 3.1-RELEASE system installed a seprate /var partition by
default. And so did my 2.2.7-RELEASE.

> There are (I thought?) warnings about the dangers of this on heavy mail
> using setups etc.

I can't comment on this 'cos I don't know. But it perhaps won't be a
problem if the system in question isn't dealing with a lot of mail. And
the likelyhood is that this system isn't.

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org/