Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:54:02 +0100
From:      Matthew Spiers <matt@pavilion.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:Problem using ipltd with ipfw

We upgraded to version 2.2.7 of FreeBSD  and that fixed our problem - ipltd is
now up and running!  Now to get accurate bandwidth usage stats for each
network.....

Regards,

Matt

----- Forwarded message from Matthew Spiers <matt@pavilion.net> -----

Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:43:43 +0100
From: Matthew Spiers <matt@pavilion.net>
To: questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Problem using ipltd with ipfw

We are trying to set up a BSD box to do routing with bandwidth limiting for us.
The routing side is fine, so we then looked at ipfw and ipltd.

ipfw allows us to divert packets to a port, where ipltd does it's stuff.
So we have the following ipfw entries:

bmcgw# ipfw list
00010 divert 10 ip from 194.242.128.48 to any via any
00100 count ip from any to 194.242.154.24/29
00200 count ip from 194.242.154.24/29 to any
<cut>
65535 allow ip from any to any

This is a test set-up, which will divert packets from 194.242.128.48
to port 10, allowing us to ping from that address and monitor the limiting....

On the command line we entered:

ipltd -c 1000 -p 1 -P 2 10

and sat back and watched as no pings got through at all.  ipfw -a list
shows the packets getting diverted, which are promptly disposed of.

So anyone know what we're doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated with
this matter.  Anyone else using ipltd out there who has got it working?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Pavilion Internet plc.

----- End forwarded message -----