Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:53:59 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>, Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: odd mouse button behavior

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:03:39AM -0500, Louis A. Mamakos scribbled:
| > Latest discovery: the mouse will work fine if you choose "/dev/pms0"
| > and "auto" as mouse device and protocol type. But you have to kill
| > "moused".
| >
| > Looks like XFree-4 does not like moused for some reason...

Of course, you are trying to run a mouse driver on XFree86 when
the mouse device is being used by moused.

| It sounds then like some weird moused interaction.  Not using moused
| is probably not an option for me, as I'm using a USB mouse.  But it does
| give me a place to start looking.

XFree has always had a mouse driver of its own.
You've unearthed the original missing link's wheel prototype. :)

You can modify /etc/usbd.conf to not start moused for you.
Simply replace "/dev/psm0" in XF86Config with "/dev/ums0"