Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:20:03 GMT
From:      Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/118453: Build of editors/OpenOffice.org-2 failed

The following reply was made to PR ports/118453; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:14:40 +1100

 Fixed: remove multi-line PS1 from shell environment.

 build.xml:53 seems to suck in the environment, but does not seem
 to take care to handle multi-line values, hence the reported
 failure.  In this instance, I was running mksh (from ports),
 and more-or-less the default .mkshrc, which includes a fancy,
 13-line value for PS1
 (see /usr/local/share/examples/mksh/dot.mkshrc from that port).

 Setting PS1 to something simple allowed the build to proceed and
 OpenOfice.org-2 has installed nicely.

 I don't know enough about ant builds to say how this could have
 been prevented in a more systematic fashion: using env -
 somewhere in the build script, perhaps?

 Cheers,

 --
 Andrew