Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:09:22 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "j mckitrick" <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: today and yesterday log files

# man newsyslog

It explains that the file is rotated in-situ so-to-speak.  It remains in the
same directory, but is named $logfile.0.

And, $logfile.0 is rolled over to $logfile.1, and ...1 is rolled over to
...2, and they all rolled over and the one fell out, there were none in the
bed, so the little one said, "good night, sleep tight!".

Patrick.