Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:39:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>, <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Status of NV drivers?

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> Since the drivers at ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/nvidia/ don't
> support any of the GeForce 4 line you may be better off with ATI.
> The XFree86-4 'nv' driver from CVS might support the GF-4.

It does, and even the version of the nv driver in our XFree86-4 port
supports it with some simple patching (just adding the PCI IDs).  The
patch I came up with for supporting all of the GeForce4 cards in our
XFree86-4 port is at:
ftp://ftp.wolves.k12.mo.us/pub/stuff/nvpatch.tar.gz

Drop the extracted files in ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server/files
and make that port or the meta-port, or apply them manually.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon(at)inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet

No trees were harmed in the composition of this message, although some
electrons were mildly inconvenienced.