Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:27:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Libman" <jeffrl@wantabe.com>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, Greg W <greg@ausit.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with the web pages of users

I usually recommend just pushing user accounts and leaving an admin stub
in the slave machines that gets user accounts added to it. It prevents a
NULL or damaged passwd/group file from corrupting all your machines at
once. (It has been done, 8{( thus this approach). As I remember rdist will
allow you to run pwd_mkdb on the slaves. For security, you can use ssh as
the transport, IIRC. - Jy@