Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:06:24 +0100
From:      Sergio Mangialardi <sergio@softshark.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with a Acer Aspire

I've recently acquired a new laptop (Acer Aspire 1524) with Athlon 64
cpu in it, so I try to install FreeBSD for AMD64 (the 5.3 version) on
it.
The booting process stops when the screen for boot options, i.e. Boot
FreeBSD, Boot FreeBSD with ACPI disabled, etc... appears.
Whatever boot option I choose the system freezes immediately (only a
slash in bottom left corner appears and nothing else) and I have to
reboot it.
Any idea?

TIA

Sergio.

P.S.
I've read some threads about a similar problem, and even if my problem
is different, I've tried to apply a patch found in them, but nothing
changes.