Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 11:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jano Lukac <jedovaty@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   tracing a crash

Hi,

My freebsd 4.3-release (cvsupped to stable a few days ago) box stopped
responding to everything except ping yesterday.  I was too lazy to attach a
monitor, so I simply gave it the three-fingered salute, figuring all would go
well and I could see anything strange happened in the logs later.  Well.. it
didn't and I had to attach a monitor.  Seems fsck had a lot of problems on my
/usr slice/partition, particularily with the src and obj directories.  I'm
looking now through the logs and haven't found anything out of the ordinary.

Other than re-reading the logs and waiting for this to happen again (hopefully
it won't), what else can I do to see what might have happened?

jano

ps i'm on the list, no need to cc me in reply.