Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 07:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John David Duncan <jdd@greatschools.net>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        "Justin R. Miller" <incanus@codesorcery.net>, <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mylex AcceleRAID 170

I'd like to summarize this for my own benefit.  Take for example a machine
with a hot-swapable backplane and no external enclosure.   Is it correct
to say that hotswap is only fully supported when both of the following
are true?

 * The SCSI controller reports a SAF-TE device on the bus
 * The ses device is configured into the kernel

- JD