Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:00:47 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        mark@markdnet.demon.co.uk
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPDATE2: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

mark@markdnet.demon.co.uk wrote:
> sos@DeepCore.dk wrote:
>=20
>>Marcus Grando wrote:
>>
>>>My problem persist...
>>>
>>>Any other patch? or idea?
>>
>>Hmm, does it work without apic ? without ACPI ?
>>And your cabling is correct and spec conformant ?
>>The 686A' I have in the lab works just dandy...
>=20
>=20
> Just an observation, but my Promise ATA-100 controller will drive 1 UDM=
A-66 and one UDMA-100 disk fine at UDMA-33 with the cable on the wrong wa=
y round (oops) using the previous update.

Well, the problem with "wrong way around" is that determining what the=20
cable is fails in unpredictable ways, as long as your transfer rates are =

reduced there is no problems. However if a higher transferate is used=20
than the cable is spec'd for you get ICRC errors as this was originally=20
about.

--=20

-S=F8ren