Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:01:12 +0100
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bhuvaneswari Ramkumar <ramkumar@iastate.edu>
Subject:   Re: Libnet in FreeBSD

On Monday 04 February 2008 20:53:22 Bhuvaneswari Ramkumar wrote:
> Question:
>
> Do I need to do this for every libnet app I compile, like modify the PROG
> variable in the app's folder .... even for the sample aplications already
> compiled & set ?

Hmm, that goes into BSD's make system, so read up on it:
less /usr/share/mk/bsd.README
also:
gzcat /usr/share/doc/psd/12.pmake/paper.ascii.gz|less

These are more general C-programming topics though, not specific for FreeBSD.
I just gave you a BSD make example, cause I knew that'll work out of the box,
but you can use other systems, like the GNU autotools + gmake or jam.

I'd also look into the following:
man ports
man pkg_add

> Aside this, if someone could tell me the exact compilation steps for
> Libnet, it would be really helpful.

libnet11-config --help
--
Mel