Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 1995 01:56:09 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        wraith@csd.uwm.edu (Robert Michael Gorichanaz)
Cc:        wraith@csd.uwm.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NE2100 ethernet q's

> I'm trying to get my FreeBSD box to recognize a Novel NE2100 ethernet card
> (its the 16bit busmaster).  I've tried the ed and ep drivers, with just about
> every combination of irq/port/iomem I can think of, but cannot get these
> cards to be seen by the operating system on boot-up.
> Are they even supported?  I know the NE2000 is, but what about the 2100's?
> Am I just doing something wrong?
> FYI: Using 950112-SNAP of the OS.

You are using the wrong drivers :-). Try out the is0 driver, or if you
are generating a kernel out of the sources, the new lnc driver.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe