Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 05:47:30 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        nestorv@cybernet.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for GI SB1000 SurfBoard (internal cable modem)

>    I have in my computer a General Instruments SB1000 SurfBoard cable
> modem that came with W95 drivers.  However, I am unable to use it with
> my FreeBSD applications due to a lack of a driver.  I did come across
> the Linux driver at http://www.jacksonville.net/~fventuri however it
> does not look that easy to adapt.  Has anyone already done so or written
> a separate one?  Please advise.

I don't know of any such thing, no.

Looking at the driver, I am struck by several things, such as the fact
that the card appears to be receive-only.  You could probably hack
something together using the information in this driver and an existing
network driver to provide the template, but it would represent some
interesting work (as the card isn't really an ethernet, and you don't
want to ever talk out through it).