Date:      Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:09:32 +0900 (JST)
From:      Kohji Okuno <okuno.kohji@jp.panasonic.com>
To:        kostikbel@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, okuno.kohji@jp.panasonic.com
Subject:   Re: Bug: devfs is sure to have the bug.

Hello Kostik,

>> > Do you mean a patch for the stable/8 ? I believe it is enough to
>> > apply rev. 211628 to stable/8, then the patch I posted yesterday
>> > should be compilable.
>>
>> I'm sorry.
>> I need a patch for 8.1-RELEASE. Could you propose patch?
> Did you tried to apply the 211628 and the patch I mailed, to 8.1 ?
> I am not very interested in porting this stuff for such old system.
> On the other hand, I am unaware of large changes in devfs between
> 8.1 and latest stable.

No. Because the difference was large as you were poingint out, I did
not your patch. Now, I'm trying the following patch.

 devfs_populate(struct devfs_mount *dm)
 {

+#if 1
+	unsigned gen;
+	sx_assert(&dm->dm_lock, SX_XLOCKED);
+	gen = devfs_generation;
+	if (dm->dm_generation == gen)
+		return;
+	while (devfs_populate_loop(dm, 0))
+		continue;
+	dm->dm_generation = gen;
+#else
 	sx_assert(&dm->dm_lock, SX_XLOCKED);
 	if (dm->dm_generation == devfs_generation)
 		return;
 	while (devfs_populate_loop(dm, 0))
 		continue;
 	dm->dm_generation = devfs_generation;