Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2017 16:28:33 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with crashes on FreeBSD 11.0

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org> wrote:

> Any one have suggestions? Maybe a good hardware test tool that test things
> other than memory? Any information I can provide that might help?

Bad hardware can be tricky.  Memory tests can only verify if something is
bad.  I don't care how many or how long something passed.  Even in the old
days of hardware memory testers, they still weren't 100%.

If you suspect something is bad with the hardware, you can swap with known
good parts.  Certain things will show up in dmesg/messages.

Otherwise, create a boot usb drive with the same packages on it.  If it
runs off of that, chances are it's not hardware.
--
Adam