Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:06:11 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        jonny@jonny.eng.br, nate@mt.sri.com, roger@cs.strath.ac.uk, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange behavious of two PCMCIA modem cards

#define quoting(Nate Williams)
// > // Actually, the interrupts and the I/O ports the card's claim to use are
// > // completely irrelevant since the PCIC controller can map them to be
// > // anywhere.
// >
// > I could not change my ethernet card irq from its default 5.  Do you
// > have another explanation for that ?  I'm running 3.0, could it be the
// > problem you said above ?
//
// Are you sure the other interrupts you tried were not already taken by
// some part of the system?  Again, electrically speaking the card has no
// idea what IRQ was assigned to it, it just gets the interrupt that the
// PCIC controller passes to it.

Humm...  Now that you said this I went again and tried with other
interrupts.  It requests irq 5, and work with both irq 5 and irq 9,
but it does not work with irq 11.  AFAIK, there's nothing at irq 11 in
my notebook (Toshiba CDS305).  And, IIRC, I used this interrupt before
with a SlimSCSI card.

"Does not work" means "ed0: device timeout", BTW.

Searching for one problem, and finding another.  :)

How can I find which irqs are in use ?  May I share interrupts ?
/etc/pccard.conf.sample has irq 13 in its irq pool, won't it conflict
with npx0 ?

My sound card is at irq 10, and I was trying to use pcf0 at irq 5.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro