Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:17:29 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd (two times) && real audio is that possible ?

Hi !

Need some help concerning natd on FreeBSD in conjunction
with real audio.

My wife wants to see/hear real audio. But it doesn't work.

|------- 172.16.1.0/24 ---------------| her net

                    | ed0 - .1

               My FreeBSD machine (gateway, Firewall type open, divert sockets)

|------- 172.16.2.0/24 ---------------| my net

                    | e0 - .2

           cisco router		(runs nat as well)

                    | ISDN (fix ip address)

Is it not possible to use nat 2 times ?

Is it a problem with configuration ?

When I disable routing on the FreeBSD gate with
	sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
my wife doesn't get any packets through. I would have expected, that
at least natd takes care of forwarding packets ...

These are the relevant parts of rc.conf:

# network interface card configuration
hostname="titan.klemm.gtn.com"
network_interfaces="auto"	# List of network interfaces (or "auto").
ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"	# default loopback device configuration.
ifconfig_xl0="inet 172.16.2.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_ed0="inet 172.16.1.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"

# OSPF Routing
defaultrouter="NO"
router_enable="YES"
router="/usr/local/sbin/zebractl"
router_flags="start"

# TCP/IP
gateway_enable="YES"
tcp_extensions="NO"		# Set to YES to turn on RFC1323 extensions.

# Security
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"

# NAT (Network Address Translation)
natd_enable="YES"		# Enable natd (if firewall_enable == YES).
natd_program="/sbin/natd"	# path to natd, if you want a different one.
natd_flags="-log -s -m"		# Additional flags for natd.
natd_interface="xl0"		# Public interface or IPaddress to use.

#
# Kernel Config File: TITAN
#
[...]
options	MROUTING			# Multicast routing
options	IPFIREWALL			#firewall
options	IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE		#print information about dropped packets
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD		#enable xparent proxy support
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100	#limit verbosity
options IPDIVERT			#divert sockets
options IPSTEALTH			#support for stealth forwarding
options ICMP_BANDLIM
options DUMMYNET

Cisco
interface Ethernet0
 description home backbone
 ip address 172.16.2.2 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside
!
interface Dialer1
 description ISP
 ip nat outside
!
! I use route map, since I have to use natd for multiple destinations
!
ip nat inside source route-map dpn-map interface Dialer1 overload
ip nat inside source route-map company-map interface Dialer2 overload
!
access-list 1 permit 172.16.1.0
access-list 1 permit 172.16.2.0
!