Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 14:54:09 -0400
From:      Devon Thompson <DThompson@OTG.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E227.6B153DD0

I am a FreeBSD advocate in the biggest way and was very worried when I heard
about the Wind River acquisition. Is there any thing for me to be paranoid
about? Will FreeBSD be there 5-10-15 years from now? I use the Linux as my
other OS but hope that FreeBSD (my OS of choice) will still be around. The
power,flexibly and License make it my choice.Is there anything we can  do as
a community to keep BSD around? ( I buy all my BSD CDs and rarely down load
any iso images I also own several t-shirts) I think the thing that we forget
is that for some of us, this is the only and best avenue to take, I mean
where else can a person get source code (with out all kinds of politics) and
a great OS at the same time? I just hope that Wind River keeps a hands off
kind of attitude towards FreeBSD. Just how much of FreeBSD destiny is tied
to Wind River anyway? Well these are alot of questions and I don't even know
if I'm addressing the right person. If not (SORRY!) could you forward this
to the appropriate person? To wrap this up I and a number of my collages
didnt finish our college degrees, and FreeBSD and other Open Source OS's
have helped us immensely in learning and keeping up it with System
architecture as well as a good programming environment.

Thanks
Devon Thompson

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E227.6B153DD0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am a FreeBSD advocate in the biggest =
way and was very worried when I heard about the Wind River acquisition. =
Is there any thing for me to be paranoid about? Will FreeBSD be there =
5-10-15 years from now? I use the Linux as my other OS but hope that =
FreeBSD (my OS of choice) will still be around. The power,flexibly and =
License make it my choice.Is there anything we can&nbsp; do as a =
community to keep BSD around? ( I buy all my BSD CDs and rarely down =
load any iso images I also own several t-shirts) I think the thing that =
we forget is that for some of us, this is the only and best avenue to =
take, I mean where else can a person get source code (with out all =
kinds of politics) and a great OS at the same time? I just hope that =
Wind River keeps a hands off kind of attitude towards FreeBSD. Just how =
much of FreeBSD destiny is tied to Wind River anyway? Well these are =
alot of questions and I don't even know if I'm addressing the right =
person. If not (SORRY!) could you forward this to the appropriate =
person? To wrap this up I and a number of my collages didnt finish our =
college degrees, and FreeBSD and other Open Source OS's have helped us =
immensely in learning and keeping up it with System architecture as =
well as a good programming environment. </FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Devon Thompson</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>